- I’m behind on grading.
- I know laundry is never caught up, but I had 3 overflowing baskets of dirty laundry (remember there are only two of us).
- I missed more school in the month of January than previous 9 years of teaching combined.
- Our place is so small, and I feel like nothing actually has a place and the mess just moves around the box we live in.
- I’m not giving what I used to at work and I know I’m supposed to have this new priority but it feels like I’m just dropping the ball.
- We don’t have a regular door over his bedroom, so when he first falls asleep if he hears noises he thinks it’s a party…no it’s dishes that aren’t getting done and piling up.
- I beat myself up because I’m not productive after wrestling my future MMA fighter into pajamas and bed.
On top of needed some cheese with my whine! I have a very strong-willed little boy…which is probably God’s parental payback for me being a very strong-willed person. I’m filled with so many questions!!!!
How do I positively parent? How do I not parent with shaming because I’m frustrated because he’s thrown food all over? How do I get him to NOT throw his food? How do I not lose my mind when he fights me getting into clothes? How do I keep calm when he’s done something that is a serious danger to his health (like wiggling away from me as I’m getting clothes on him which almost caused him to take a header through the glass window!!!)? How do I make him realize that this is NOT mama’s happy face? How do I make him feel loved when I’ve given to so many kids in emotional need all day? How do I make sure he knows I love him even I just need 5 FREAKING MINUTES TO GET SOMETHING DONE? How do I deal with the fact that I’ve realized I’m a yeller – I react big. (And my voice carries really well. I come from a family of singers even though that’s not my thing, but I have lung power.) How do I be a good mom when I’m just plain tired?
I’m counting down to summer vacation. I can’t wait to not have my focus split.
So far I have survived 100% of my days as a parent. May not have been my finest days, but I have survived.
#singleparentproblems #momlife #teachermom #survival